A favorite of Lakewood Vineyards presented by Chris Stamp, winemaker, with Chef William!
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 ½ Lb. chicken thighs and legs
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 C. Dry Riesling
- 6 ounces white mushrooms and/or oyster mushrooms, slice ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C. heavy cream
1. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, season with salt & pepper and cook over a medium heat until slightly browned (about 4 mins./side). Add the shallot and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the Lakewood Vineyards Dry Riesling, cover and simmer over low heat until the chicken is just cooked, about 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over a low heat until the liquid evaporates (approx. 7 minutes). Increase the heat and cook, stirring until browned (approx.3 mins.). Remove the chicken from the large skillet and set it in the skillet with the mushrooms.
3. In a bowl, blend the flour and the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter. Stir the cream into the large skillet; bring to a simmer. Mix the flour paste into the cooking liquid and simmer until thickened. Return the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet and briefly reheat.
4. Serve with noodles. (Spaetzle, rice, boiled potatoes work well too). Pour a glass of Dry Riesling and ENJOY!