- ½ cup onion finely chopped (a sweet onion variety is best)
- ½ cup red pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Lakewood Vineyards Chardonnay
- tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup half & half or cream
- 2 Tbsp. toasted slivered almonds
In a large skillet cook onion and red pepper in hot butter until tender but not brown. Add uncooked rice. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
Carefully stir in chicken broth, Lakewood Vineyards Chardonnay and turmeric. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes (do not lift cover).
Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Stir in chesse and cream. Sprinkle almonds on top and serve warm.
Enjoy this creamy risotto with Lakewood Vineyards Chardonnay.